Today, Sensible Change Minnesota releases the Minnesota Medical Cannabis Pricing and Patient Experience Report. This report discusses the price of medical cannabis in Minnesota, patient survey findings, patient numbers, and other comparisons between Minnesota’s failing medical cannabis system and states with patient-centered models.
- 86% of surveyed registered medical cannabis patients reported price as the primary treatment barrier; 76% reported access to raw cannabis plant material as a treatment barrier.
- Inhalation oil cartridges are 52% more expensive than raw cannabis plant material on a per mg of THC basis on average; capsules are 75% more expensive than raw cannabis plant material on a per mg of THC basis.
- 99% of patients surveyed by Sensible Change Minnesota support the addition of raw cannabis plant material as an allowable delivery method.
- Permit raw cannabis plant material as an allowable delivery method.
- Remove limitations on allowable delivery methods, or at the very least, allow Minnesota manufacturers more flexibility in product development.
- Provide for more patient care centers (dispensaries) throughout the state.
- Create marketplace competition by increasing the number of medical cannabis licenses available.
- Provide funding for pricing audits by Minnesota state regulators.
You can see the entire report here: 2020 Minnesota Medical Cannabis Pricing Report.